Welcome to WITT Energy
WITT are delighted to say we have been voted by the Shell judges to be in the final 6 for the Shell Springboard Award on their 10th anniversary year.
The finalists were all of a very high standard, it was both scary and exciting at the same time!
What is the WITT ?
The WITT is a technology capable of collecting chaotic movement in any direction and turning it into useable power. The WITT collects energy from Natural Occurring Motional Energy in WATER, (sea river or tidal) WIND, or HUMAN/ANIMAL movement with no impact on the environment.
In Marine the WITT technology has many applications as a power collecting unit, aqua-culture, oceanography, charging batteries on boats, navigational, GPS, novelty lighting etc.
- The principle of the WITT is the larger the unit (and the heavier the pendulum) the more power you can harvest
- No impact on the environment,a truly green solution
- Tried and tested industry components with a 'fit and forget' transmission system
- Totally sealed from the environment and aesthetically pleasing, and at an affordable price
- The WITT will collect all 6 degrees of motion, clockwise, anti-clockwise, up and down and back and forth at any speed turning a flywheel in one direction as a power collecting device.
- The WITT can be built from cm to metres (walnut size and up to several metres in size) all applications are covered in the patent
What applications can the WITT be used for?
The WITT technology has many uses, and can be built from cm to metres, depending on the application. Click on the short video clips for examples.
In the Marine environment the WITT technology has many applications as a power harvesting unit, data gathering buoys, vessel efficiency, autonomous vessels, aqua-culture, safety and utility lighting to name just a few. Other uses in the future could be ‘Marine Parks’, power for desalination units, and power for studies for offshore wind turbines.
If the Car's a Rockin'...
A new viral video from the Ocean Exchange...
- WITT wins TSB Smart Grant to work with Ant Scientific to develop micro WITT units for charging personal mobile phone devices etc. The capability to harvest power at a small scale has massive global potential. Ant Scientific are experts in this field.
- Aug 2014, MCT has built the 1st pre-production unit for marine testing.
- WITT and Plymouth Marine Laboratory will fit WITT units on their data gathering buoys at 2 locations within the South West, Plymouth Sounds and further out near Edison Lighthouse, this work will continue over a series of weeks/months.
Has the WITT been patented?
A UK and European patent has been granted and core countries worldwide are pending, there is no other energy harvesting device capable of collecting all 6 degrees of motion.
The business opportunities we are addressing are that of advancing the renewable energy market for both industrial and consumer markets. Solar energy does not work 24 hrs a day, and struggles in the Northern hemisphere. Wind energy is directionally dependant and existing energy devices have multiple issues. The ‘WITT’ device harnesses motional energy from any direction and converts it into rotational motion in one direction to create electricity.
A new follow on patent has been filed ensuring global protection for the next 30 months.
26 Feb - Shell Springboard Award
15 Feb - 2015 updates
25 Aug - 2014 update of achievements
17 Aug - Contract manufacturing partner announced
8 Oct - October 2013 Ocean Exchange Awards Gallery
2 Oct - Sept 2013 WITT wins Ocean Exchange ‘leap to Zero’ award